Job Advert – Country Director – Hope Worldwide Zambia (HwwZ)
HwwZ is seeking a Country Director, to lead the charities activities in Zambia. The Country Director, will work alongside the current HwwZ staff to meet the organisation’s objectives. The Country Director reports into and works alongside the HwwZ board.
HwwZ is a faith-based organization working with under-privileged communities to improve their quality of life through innovative health, economic empowerment and environmental programmes for children, youths, parents and guardians. In addition to these programmes for the vulnerable, HwwZ operates two fee-paying social enterprise preschools in Lusaka.
Staffing consists of a management team of 4, alongside a Programme Coordinator, Grant Writer, IT support, and Programme Managers across four sites in Lusaka. In total HwwZ employs 20 people and approximately 40 volunteers working on a stipend to assist with programme facilitation.
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Key Aspects of the role include:
- Provide spiritual leadership to the HwwZ charity, and the staff.
- Develop and deliver a strategy for HwwZ, that builds upon its core capabilities in Women’s Economic Empowerment, early years’ education and caring for orphans and vulnerable children. At the same time, delivering activities that are strategic to the Zambian government and that are currently being actively funded.
- Continue to develop revenue generating activities for the charity, with the objective of growing the financing of HwwZ and making it less dependent on external sources of funding. These shall be from involvement in local social enterprises; local or international grant funding; local fund raising activities.
- Work alongside partner organisations in Zambia to deliver services, and where possible to expand the number of partners. These partners currently include local and district councils, Ministry of education, Ministry of Health, National Aids Council and other NGO’s working in the same space.
- Promote and foster a good working relationship with the Lusaka Church. Promoting the activities of the HwwZ within the Church and where possible to increase the volunteer involvement of the Lusaka church within HwwZ.
The range of skills, knowledge & experience include:
- Adhere to the core values of HwwZ, including honesty, openness, passion and excellence.
- The successful candidate must be a practicing Christian.
- Experience of managing small teams, of 10 to 20 people, able to recruit, retain, motivate and to develop the team;
- Strategic leadership: the ability to identify and respond to opportunities for the organisation. These opportunities may include reaching more beneficiaries, increasing funding support, and building organisational capacity and resilience;
- Passionate about making a difference to the lives of vulnerable children, women and their families.
Salary: $1000 pcm. Future salary increases are dependent on the post-holder helping to secure further donor funding.
Start Date: September 2018
If you wish to receive more information on the vacancy please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for Applications is Friday 13th July 2018