HOPE worldwide is a registered charity in England and Wales (charity number 1045930). We are also a company limited by guarantee (company number 2659784)
HOPE worldwide promises to take great care with your personal data, and we commit to protecting any personal information we obtain about you, whether you are visiting our website as a supporter, partner, volunteer or campaigner.
HOPE worldwide’s mission
Our mission is to transform the lives of disadvantaged and vulnerable people by delivering high quality programmes that inspire and involve others in compassionate service.
Our supporters help us to achieve this in a variety of ways, primarily by:
- Fundraising and donating money.
- Volunteering at our London programmes or at other charities that we refer them to, that are engaged in helping the homeless and disadvantaged.
- Volunteering overseas with HOPE worldwide
We take active steps to make sure that our supporters are aware of the ways in which they can help us achieve our overall purpose.
- Why we hold and process supporters’ personal data
We hold and process supporters’ personal data for a number of reasons:
- To keep a record of donations made and actions taken by our supporters and our communications with them.
- To claim gift aid on donations.
- To send our supporters information about our programmes and other HOPE worldwide programmes around the world, including promotional information, newsletters, fundraising activities and appeals where we have their consent or deemed consent, or reason to believe that there is a legitimate interest.
- To fulfil contractual obligations entered into with supporters e.g. on line purchases.
- To record campaigning actions by supporters.
- To ensure we do not send unwanted information to supporters or members of the public who have informed us they do not want to be contacted.
- When and why we will send you promotional communications
HOPE worldwide will only contact you for promotional purposes – for example keep you up to date on our work, or let you know of ways in which you can support that work- where we have your consent, deemed consent or we are otherwise allowed to do so. Below is a non-exhaustive list of reasons why we might currently hold your data and believe that we have a legal basis for sending you promotional material:
- Where you have committed to give us a regular donation we will treat consent as enduring until you cancel your donation, at which point your consent will expire after a reasonable period of time from the last donation. This is to enable us to keep you up to date with the impact of your gifts, and to ask whether alternative means of support would be of interest.
- Where you have contacted us because you are interested in volunteering or helping in some other way we will assume that we can retain your personal data and send you newsletters as a result of legitimate interest. You may choose to opt out of these newsletters at any time.
- Where you are a current member of the International Churches of Christ we will assume that you have a legitimate interest in the work of Hope worldwide and send you emails if we hold your email address. This is because the ICOC actively supports the work of Hope worldwide and encourages members to participate in Days of Service with Hope
- Where you have donated to the Charity in the recent past and have been happy to receive emails from us in the last two years without opting out.
- Where you have acted as a canvasser for Hope worldwide by raising money through a sponsored event we will assume that you have a legitimate interest in sending you emails about our work.
- Where you have notified us that you will be leaving a legacy to HOPE worldwide. This is a lifetime commitment and although we will provide you with regular opportunities to shape, control and review your communications from HOPE worldwide we will treat your consent as ongoing.
In all these circumstances you may unsubscribe from emails at any time. We will not send you promotional material if you tell us that you do not wish to receive it.
We will make it easy for you to tell us if you would like to receive marketing communications from us and hear more about our work. At the moment we only send marketing information by email, but we will keep you informed if we widen our channels to post or SMS/text messages.
We will only keep your promotional consent for a reasonable period of time having regard to the circumstances by which we gained your consent.
- How and when we collect information about you
HOPE worldwide may collect your personal data in the following circumstances:
- When you give it to us DIRECTLY
You may give us your personal data directly when you make a donation, sign up for one of our events, give your details to an authorised HOPE worldwide Representative, or purchase promotional material like tee-shirts or when you communicate directly with us.
- When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
You may give us your information indirectly when you use a fundraising site like Just Giving, Charity Checkout or Everyday Hero. These independent third parties will pass your data to HOPE worldwide where you have indicated that they can do so.
- When you access HOPE worldwide’s Social Media
We might also obtain your personal data through your use of social media such as Face book, or Twitter, depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these social media and messaging services. To change your setting on these services please refer to their privacy notices, which will tell you how to do this.
- When the information is publicly available
We might also obtain personal data about individuals who may be interested in giving major gifts to charities or organisations like HOPE worldwide.
- What information might HOPE worldwide collect about you?
We only collect personal data relevant to the type of transactions you have with HOPE worldwide. We do not collect sensitive personal data.
- How will Hope worldwide use your personal data?
We will use your personal information for administration reasons, including:
- Service administration. For example we may contact you about your tax status for gift aid collections
- To thank you for your donation and give details of how the donation will be used
- To respond to correspondence that you have entered into with us by email, social media or other forms of communication.
- To keep your data up to date and implement any instructions that you give us about how you want us to communicate with you.
- For promotional and fundraising reasons.
- Will Hope worldwide share your personal information with anyone else?
We will only use your information within Hope worldwide for the purposes for which it was obtained. Hope worldwide will not under any circumstances share your personal data with a third party for their own marketing purposes.
- How long will Hope worldwide keep your personal information?
We will hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the relevant activity.
For example, in order to comply with HMRC rules, we will keep a record of donations subject to gift aid for seven years.
If you request us not to contact you we will keep a record of your contact details in order to ensure that we comply with your request not to be contacted.
If you have provided your details because you are interested in leaving us a legacy then we may keep your information indefinitely to carry out legacy administration.
- How to control what we send you or request we update your personal information?
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to ensure that we communicate with you in ways that you are happy with.
If you wish to change how we communicate with you or update the information we hold, then please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected (in line with standard guidelines we may charge £10 for information requests.)
- How Hope worldwide keeps your data safe
We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors.
- How to raise privacy concerns
If you would like more information please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
If you would like to make a complaint about how we have used your data please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have a right to make a complaint directly to the UK’s data protection authority at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Dated: 10th May 2018